To provide a forum for local quilters of every interest level
to meet together on a monthly basis to promote the art of quiltmaking, and:
* Learn new quilting techniques.
* Teach quilting and related skills to one another.
* Show and Tell ("Sew & Tell") current projects and ideas;
also provide encouragement and support for each other.
* Provide opportunities for charity service to our community.
MEETINGS: Regular guild meetings will be held on the first Thursday of each month from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., unless otherwise designated for specific occasions such as Retreats, Holidays, and so forth.
MEMBERSHIP / DUES: Membership in the Heber Valley Quilters Guild renews annually, beginning in January of each year. Funds received for dues will be collected by the Treasurer, and held in the guild banking account to fund guild activities such as but not limited to: Guest presenters, monthly drawing prizes, small birthday gifts for guild members, etc.
UTAH QUILT GUILD MEMBERSHIP: Heber Valley Quilters (HVQ) is a charter chapter of the Utah Quilt Guild. At least three members of HVQ, one of which must be the president, must maintain membership in the Utah Quilt Guild to keep charter active.
Nominations for new board members will be held annually in September. Terms are generally for one year, beginning in January. A person may combine duties, and may hold the same position for as long as desired. Responsibilities are listed as follows:
* President ~ Outline and arrange guild activities for the year. Conduct meetings. Plan and coordinate meetings for board members and committees. Prepare annual budget. One of two signers on guild checking account. Annual Utah Quilt Guild and Heber Valley Quilt Guild membership dues paid by HVQ.
* Vice President / President Elect ~ Support President; serve as President the following term. Conduct meetings in absence of President. Coordinate various guild activities such as, but not limited to: Tip of the Month, Door Prizes, and an annual HVQ Quilt Show.
* Secretary / Treasurer ~ SECRETARY: Keep record of all past and present membership. Keep a record of minutes/outline of guild meetings for guild history. TREASURER: One of two signers on guild checking account. Collect annual dues from members. Maintain a record of funds received and distributed (balance checking account), report annually.
* Historian / Webmistress ~ Maintain ongoing history/files of all guild newsletters, photos, and articles. Annual membership dues paid by HVQ.
* Newsletter Editor ~ Compile monthly newsletter of guild announcements and activities. Send emails to members regarding guild meeting reminders and relevant information.
* Social Media ~ Maintain and update social media page (ex: Facebook, Instagram). Take pictures of guild activities. Work with Historian to archive guild photos for history.
* Charity Quilt Committee Chair - Coordinate the opportunity for guild members to participate in quilting projects to benefit our community.
* Refreshment Coordinator ~ Provide sign-up lists, contact members regarding refreshments at each guild meeting.
* Retreat Chairperson ~ Form a committee to plan the annual guild retreat: Classes, activities, food assignments, location, etc.
* Additional Board Members and Committee Chairs ~ President may assign as needed for particular guild activities.